So it is the final day of shed week and what we can say is that it has pretty much been a wash out. Furthermore, with all this rain expected to fail I think the chance of getting out into the garden are looking pretty slim. But rather than getting out into the garden, why not utilise your garden shed and work indoors. Here is a list of 5 activities you can still do while its raining.
- Potting all those plants ready for some good weather, hopefully. Setting up a small bench or table is all you will need to sow some seeds or move plants into bigger pots. You can also prepare your hanging baskets so when we do receive the good weather they are ready to be hung up.
- Tidy your shed. OK, this might be the most appealing to us all, but if you’re like us then you have been frantically rushing in and out the shed when the good weather has been upon us, and this has left rather a messy shed as we have not had any time to put things back.
- Put up some shelves or draws. This will help with the last point, if you have found yourself lacking for space then simply add some shelves or the PVC Storage Rings we blogged about recently. Click here to see our post on Keeping Your Garden Tools Tidy with PVC Storage Rings.
- Take some time to draw or develop plans. Using your garden shed as an art studio for those garden designs, where to plant your plants or even develop plans for a vegetable patch, is a perfect way to relax and retreat in your own privacy for a while.
- Use it as a games room. With the weekend possibly turning out to keep everyone indoors and the house full, why don’t you put a table and some chairs in for card games or even a dart board for some sporting action.